I'm taking a break from writing to ask of you all a favor:
I need your sketchnotes!
Don't worry about your drawing skills, because I want to encourage all levels of sketchnoters with the book.
Chapters I'm writing now will require sketchnote samples, to show readers what the end results can look like.
I have samples of my own, but want a wider variety, just like the variety of work used in The Sketchnote Handbook.
Sketchnotes I Need
Here are the sketchnotes I need for the Workbook:
- Idea Generation - Using sketchnotes to generate and capture ideas you have for writing, building things, design, whatever you are creating.
- Idea Mapping - Sketchnotes that show ideas mapped out. Maybe you've mapped out a writing project work projects, your life plan, etc..
- Planning - Sketchnotes you've used to create a task list, plan a project (large or small), plan a vacation or even your garden layout.
- Idea Documentation - Any sketchnotes you've created to capture a recipe, a series of steps in a process are great. Brewing coffee, baking a pie, etc.
- Travel - Using sketchnotes to document your travel experiences and vacations. Sights you've seen, daily activities and so on.
- Food & Drink - Sketchnoted meal, coffee or tea experiences, like coffee cupping are great. I would love to see a wide variety of food choices.
- Movies - Watch your favorite film and sketchnote details like the characters, plot, setting, conflict and resolution, your observations, etc.
- TV Shows - Capture the details of your favorite TV show episodes. Map out characters as you watch to see how their character develops over time.
- Sporting Events - Sketchnoting competition, like the Olympics, a baseball, hockey, soccer, basketball or football game, noting key plays, final score, etc.
- Music - Capture the feeling you have listening to or watching your favorite music. Sketchnote the band members, lyrics, the tracks played, etc.
I Want Your Existing Sketchnotes
Have sketchnotes in the categories bellow? Great! submit them.
Create New Sketchnotes
Want to create new sketchnotes for the book? Great! I need new ones too.
Specs for existing or new sketchnotes you're submitting:
- Must be your own original work.
- Must be G-rated because lots of kids will read this book.
- All drawing quality sketchnotes are acceptable! I want variety.
- Must be a sketchnote. Both text and images used together. It can be more text or more images, but must use both text and images together.
- Can be black and white or color. Be aware that the final art will be printed in black and gray. Colors can be adapted nicely to grays in Photoshop.
- Low res scans or photos are OK. I'll need high res if chosen.
- If chosen, I will have a usage document for you to sign and return.
DEADLINE: Submission deadline is March 15th. Sooner is always better!